Jammu style kadam ka saag
One of the favorite cuisine in Jammu and Kashmir.
• 1 kg karam ka saag (Kolhrabi )1
• /2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
• 8-10 cloves of garlic..crushed
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
• 1/2 tsp saunf/Fennel powder
• 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
• A pinch of turmeric powder
• Lime juice of one lime
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup of water
- Cut and peel the kardam gaanth(Kohlrabi bulb) into small pieces. Chop the leaves.
- In pressure cooker add mustard oil over medium heat.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel powder and turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Saute for one min. Add kadam ganths/Kohlrabi Bulbs . Fry in masala for 2-3 mins. Add leaves and saute.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for three to four whistles. Open the lid and add lime juice.
- Serve with rice.
Source/Adopted from: Monica Gupta
Leave A Comment